top of page
Ocean Rocks

Frequently Asked Questions

Within the Agency

Why work with Senior Choice?

So you can sit back and relax while we do all the legwork. Our task is to narrow down the options to a handful of communities that best fit your lifestyle. Oh, did we mention this is all at no cost to you too!

If I'm not paying for this service, then who is?

Once you decide which community or agency is the best fit for you or your loved one, we receive something called a finders fee from that specific community or agency as a "Thank you" for our work.

What areas do you cover?

We serve all of Ventura County from Calabasas to Carpenteria, and everywhere in-between.
Areas we cover

Am I able to receive assistance with obtaining medical documents required to move-in?

Yes, as needed, we are able to assist families with obtaining the documentation necessary for move-in by requesting Physician's Reports and medication lists from your primary care provider.

Understanding the Options

The primary difference between Independent Living Communities and Assisted Living Communities is the amount of support provided to the residents. Independent Living is just as it is named: Independent. These communities are typically 55+ and dedicated to an independent lifestyle while Assisted Living communities, which are also typically 55+, are equipped with supportive services to help their residents with activities of daily living (ADL's) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADL's) such as housekeeping, engaging activities, transportation to and from appointments, medication management and more.

What is the difference between Independent Living and Assisted Living?

What is the difference between Home Care and Home Health Care?

Home care offers non-clinical help, such as running errands, meal prep and companionship, while home health care provides professional medical assistance for circumstances such as when a resident needs physical therapy or speech therapy.
What is requried to move in?

About the Communities

pet friendly

What is required to move-in?

Before any resident is able to move into their new community, you must provide:
  • a current medication list signed and dated by your physician
  • a completed physicians report (602)
  • a notarized power of attorney (POA)
  • completed assessment by a representative at the facility
  • TB clearance
  • proof of covid vaccination OR a negative covid test

Are communities pet-friendly?

The short answer is... yes! A majority of the communities we work with are pet friendly and equipped with dog parks. Let us know if you need a community that is able to meet the needs of your furry friend too.
bottom of page